- Business and Commerce -
The time in NYC - USA is now:
Brooklyn Bridge from City Hall, NYC - click on the photo for our site map
The Official US Time
Sample our collection
of international business oriented sites.
Sefco's Export - Import Management Services
BOF - The Best Of...
Regional Chambers of Commerce and Internet Portals
Maritime & Transportation organizations
Economists & scholars
Be on alert
Auctions, Classic Cars and Special Features
B2B international payment transfers
More trade contacts
Marine cargo insurance review
US Customs tariffs and export forms
Small parcel services
Articles, essays and books we found of interest
Sefco's "bloodhound" search helper
Sefco's Export - Import Management Services
Partners in Distribution
Referral list - real estate
Referral list - stone, marble, tile
Referral list - vehicles
Referral list - photography
Referral list - translation services
Navigate our site
Explore our featured sites...
International business-related links, interesting commercial sites,
internet tools, articles/commentary and much more.
Sefco Export Management Company, Inc.
Member, Manhattan (NYC - USA) Chamber of Commerce
"We Mean Business"
worldwide shipping agents
Shipping Agents, Purchasing Agency, Consulting
Export / Import Expertise
Business and Commerce - Seminars and Special Events
Czech Trade Focus [Free Issue]
Have a look at Sefco's "Czech List" [scroll down for more]
In the News...
Estonia: the new "Delaware" of Europe?
Estonia credits flat tax with key role in rising growth
By Mark Landler (The New York Times, IHT)
" ... free-market fervor and hurtling into the high-tech future, Estonia feels more like a Baltic outpost of Silicon Valley than ... "
Sefco - Export and Import Management
Sefco Export's main interest:
Goods, Products and Commodities
that can cross borders promptly.
We do not provide
local moves, domestic storage.
HHG/PE and Vehicle export/import
Heavy Equipment, FAK
O/A management and operations
We can arrange for professional export packaging for all kinds of cargo
(suitable for overseas shipping), pier deliveries, international routing and delivery,
professional logistics management and consulting upon request.
D/A management and operations
Agent selection and cargo routing through a network of experienced D/A destination agents worldwide.
Customs clearance and deliveries to interior locations worldwide.
All arrangements made by specific contract only.
GM General Management Services
PA - Purchasing Agency
Divisions: Communications, Trade Research/Development
Special Projects - Public Interaction: "The Best Of" program
"Best Of" Community Platform - Trade Research, Development and Promotion
Building Trade Capacity for SME's Small to Medium sized business Enterprises.
Bringing people together, connecting ideas with resources.
Please contact our office for details.
Export/Import operations and commercial services.
Special programs for
"trade capacity building"
Participate in our commercial
Export - Import Management programs.
Look for our latest updates.
What's old? Access our archives.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
- entrepreneurs at work
Forum for businesses engaged in E-commerce and international trade.
FOREIGN TRADE RESOURCES
Export New Hampshire
There's so much to think about when starting to export.
Here are some frequently asked questions.
MSU-Michigan State CIBER
- Center for International Business Education & Research.
Business etiquette, country specific business information and more.
Rhode Island Export Assistance Center
- Winner of the Presidents' E award for export promotion.
A basic guide to exporting
- Prepared by the U.S. Department of Commerce with the
assistance of Unz & Co.
REGIONAL CHAMBERS and INTERNET PORTALS
- Welcome to
Los Dos Laredos, the main crossroad of US-Mexican trade.
- Laredo/Nuevo Laredo became the first “official” Port of Entry on the U.S./Mexico border in 1851.
Today it is at the center of the primary trade route connecting Canada, the United States and Mexico.
For further information contact: Ike Savitt (in New York)
Free Trade Area of the Americas
- Links to FTAA countries
Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce.
- Como vai voce? Speak the language of Brasilian business.
- Latin America Virtual Library.
- Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America - AACCLA
- Arabia On-line
- Middle East's internet forum
- ARABIAN & MIDDLE EASTERN MARKETS
Japan External Trade Oranization
Japanese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (NY)
Build relationships and partnerships.
Sefco's special section: Japan
British American Business Inc.
"protect democracy, love peace, defend Taiwan"
- TAITRA - Trade Point TAIWAN - Republic of China - ROC
- Taipei - Economic and Cultural Office, New York, NY
News and Views: [Asian Studies Briefing Room]
- The Czech List: Links to the Czech Republic business community
- Sefco's online guides
"Czech It Out"
Find out about upcoming business and trade related events.
Sponsored by the Czech Republic commercial section, Consulate General NYC.
Featuring, The Best Of: Central America
MARITIME & TRANSPORTATION organizations
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- USA Gateway.
- Open access to news on shipping, commodities, key indicators.
- The international shipping weekly.
provides access to the very latest details on the world's commercial fleet.
Updated daily the Internet Ships Register and Internet Market Fixtures
are the ideal tools for keeping right up-to-date with the latest details of the world's commercial shipping fleets, and charter markets.
- The "Shipper's voice"
- National Industrial Transportation League (NITL), Washington, D.C.
Voluntary Guide To Good Business Relations For Shippers, Receivers, Carriers, and Drivers.
Co-sponsored by the Truckload Carriers Association.
- Maritime Home Page
- Logistics professionals and ocean related sites
- American Nautical Services
- Marine surveyors, experts on CSS-Code of Safe Practice for Stowage and Securing. Navigation instruments, charts, plotting equipment.
Weekly piracy report -includes details of the location and nature of attacks on shipping
- A service of the Int'l Chamber of Commerce (Paris)- Int'l Maritime Bureau
Piracy Reporting Center (Kuala Lumpur)
- Thomas Directory of Manufacturers
- Regional Database of over 480,000 manufacturers, listing 4,500+ products/services in 19 key US areas
- The Euro Pages
- business directory
- The internets largest global business directory
- US Dept. of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- On-line trade information
Global Business Online
- The JOURNAL OF COMMERCE online.
- the daily paper of the international shipping and trade industry
Clasificados de ARGENTINA
- Argentine Business Directory
- BISNIS Bulletin
- The Business Information Service for Russia and the NIS. Includes many
links to websites run by or about USG Agencies, Russian and Non-Russian States of the NIS.
- The Financial Times
- Where information become intelligence
- The International Herald Tribune
- The worlds daily newspaper
The Wall Steet Journal
- Free 2-week trial subscription
- All the business news, all the time
- Bloomberg--includes live audio news 24 hrs/day
- Online management & distribution report
- Handbooks on: export trade finance, export control, embargoes, countertrade, letters of credit, and more.
- Free legal research, form letters
- Is E-mail an export?
"Application abroad of personal knowledge or technical experience
acquired in the United States constitutes an export..."
Export Resources From UNZ
Click here to read their FAQ's on "deemed exports".
Here is an excerpt from |
"DEEMED EXPORT" QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
#1. What is the "deemed export" rule?
Answer - "An export of technology or source code (except encryption source code)
is "deemed" to take place when it is released to a foreign national within the United States..."
#2. What is a "release" of technology?
- "Technology is "released" for export when it is
available to foreign nationals for visual inspection
(such as reading technical specifications, plans, blueprints, etc.);
when technology is exchanged orally; or when technology is made available by
practice or application under the guidance of persons with knowledge of the technology..."
#3. What is "technology"? - #4. When do I need to apply for an export license...
for technology under the "deemed export" rule? - #5. How do I know if a foreign national
would be subject to the "deemed export" rule? - #6. How are individuals handled
who are permanent residents or citizens of countries other than those of their nationality?
- #13. What is a "deemed re-export"? #14. What technologies are subject to the Commerce Department controls?
- "Generally, technologies subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
are those which are in the United States or of U.S. origin, in whole or in part.
Most are proprietary. Technologies which tend to require licensing for transfer to
foreign nationals are also dual-use (i.e., have both civil and military applications)
and are subject to one or more control regimes..."
#15. Is software considered "technology" and is it similarly controlled? -
#16. What technologies are considered "fundamental research"?
to continue reading the FAQ's.
SCHOLARS and ECONOMISTS
Economic Freedom Network
- Center for International Private Enterprise. Advocacy and scholarly thought.
- What investment is 99.999% safe?
GOLD - portfolio managers can receive further information and analysis from WGC's
Mr. Richard Scott-Ram
- Econometricians gather to discuss...
financial strategies (Opal),
emerging markets and
custom crafted indices by
Herb Blank- of QED Intl and other leading lights in the world of financial analysis, aka "Quants".
Interview on Wall Street
[Go to top of page]
IMPORT/EXPORT BUSINESS RESOURCES
expedites all necessary export shipping documents
- ...through chambers of commerce and the appropriate
consulates and embassies (in Washington, D.C.) for banking and foreign imports.
The following countries regularly require legalization of export shipping documents:
Argentina, Bahrain, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Nicaragua, Oman, Paraguay, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia,
United Arab Emirates, Yemen. Ratesheet: Middle East, South / Central American countries (pdf).
US Embassy - UK
- current issues - Europe
- Export-Import Global Business-to-Business Help Center
- provides international trade directories of
176,000 Importer listings by Region and Commodity;
International Trade Training materials including books,
videos and computer based materials.
Create your own customized international commercial market research report
- At the push of a button, assemble your report. Free, Canadian Government strategis site
- Global Business Web
- Designed for import/export marketers
- Serra International
- Designed with the international trade & transportation professional in mind.
Founded 1919, Serra has cooperated with Sefco's import/export team with great results.
PreShipment Commercial Inspection Services
- The Foreign Trade Standards division of Intertek Testing Services
helps governments, standards bodies, and customs departments
to check that import duty is properly declared and paid,
and that imports comply with their safety and other standards.
We inspect, and where appropriate test products and commodities in the country of export, before they are shipped.
- Pre-export commerical inspection service. Global availability.
SGS is the world's leading verification, testing and certification company.
"SGS vehicle inspection reports can now be ordered directly from the eBay Motors website by clicking on the vehicle inspection icon."
SGS: country contacts
Pre Shipment Inspection - Import Verification
SGS-IVP programs enable the proper identification of goods prior to shipment,
with regards to quality, quantity, tariff classification, import eligibility and the
provision of valuation information for customs purposes. These programs allow for the
correct assessment of import duties and taxes by Customs to the advantage of
both government and trade. Since 1965, over 40 countries have adopted SGS
programs to protect government finances and/or facilitate trade.
Datasheet for Exporters
PRESHIPMENT INSPECTION (PSI) MANDATES
|DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO||12/21/2004|
|INDIA (Secondary Steel)||12/21/2004|
|INDONESIA (Nitro Cellulose - NC)||12/21/2004|
|INDONESIA (Precursor Imports)||12/21/2004|
|INDONESIA (Textiles and Textile Products)||12/21/2004|
|INDONESIA (Used Capital Goods)||12/01/2004|
|INDONESIA (Used City and Suburban Buses)||12/21/2004|
|INDONESIA (Waste) ||12/21/2004|
- BIVAC International
- A fully owned subsidiary of the Bureau Veritas Group.
Performance of pre-export commercial inspection services
regarding quality, quantity and price verification for all types of goods.
The SGS inspection for most vehicles is $ 99.50, which includes a review of the vehicle interior and exterior, underbody and under hood, along with a test drive at no additional cost. For high-end luxury, classic and exotic vehicles, the inspection is $139. After the inspection is completed, the inspection report, along with digital photographs, are posted online for access by the buyer or seller, depending on who ordered the report.
HHG/PE household goods / personal effects, export - origin services
[Sefco rate guide]
Sefco Export service for buyers: [ship your car]
Compare Rates from outside vendors/inspectors for vehicle buyers:
[inspection and reporting rates]
Interested in ordering an in-home pre-shipment inspection
for HHG-household goods/personal effects? A professional and complete
ESR - export survey report costs an average $175 - upon request.
Contact: Sefco Export.
- About UL Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL)
- An independent, not-for-profit
product-safety testing and certification organization.
"We have tested products for public safety for more than a century.
Since our founding in 1894, we have held the undisputed reputation
as a leader in product-safety testing and certification within the United States."
- CIB-Corp. for International Business
ATA Carnets, Surety Bonds.
- A leading financial institution specializing in international B2B payment solutions.
INTERNET BASED SERVICES
- Google-based definitions:
- HC Harmonized Code -
commercial cargo export documents require the HC harmonized code number for the SED Shippers Export Declaration.
- SEFCO EXPORT: online tools and shipping resources
- See examples of how to complete a commercial invoice, suitable for export shipping purposes.
- World Trade Institute - distance learning (NYC, USA based)
- WTI Online Programs - International
Trade Management certificate program
- Internet exchange for bulk shippers and shipowners.
- World Contact, LLC,
Thomas C. Williams, Managing Partner
- Internet Marketing, E-Commerce, Web Sites That Work.
Tel: (203) 966-5408
- Get faxes and voicemail by email.. FREE!
PARTNERS IN DISTRIBUTION
- Are you an internet-oriented business that needs order fullfillment and distribution in Europe?
- Allow us to introduce you to
EuroLogistix --over 20-years in the int'l distribution business.
Based in Amsterdam, Holland, with US offices in Bethlehem, Pa.
E-commerce specialists, AG Systems
e-commerce specialists can handle any function of your business that involves fulfillment, warehousing,
shipping products, distribution of products and returns back to you from your customers.
Person to contact:
Based in New Hyde Park, NY - USA
- Learn more about our Featured Truckers:
(Texas) / Ace Transportation
- "SERVING THE INTERMODAL INDUSTRY SINCE 1977"
La Porte, TX 77571 - Phone: (281) 471-5033 - Email: James Frederick
featured article: Ace Transportation
"Founded in 1982, Ace Transportation has grown in just 21 years,
into one of our nation’s leading transportation service providers.
Founded by Bill Busbice, Jr. and Jimmy Glasgow, this Lafayette, Louisiana-based Company
had 2001 revenues of over $180 million.
Ace Transportation has a modern fleet of vehicles to use.
The company has as available equipment: Tandem; Single Axle; Mini-Float; 2-ton; 1-ton; Mono Rail; Hot Shot.
At press time, Ace Transportation had 1373 tractors, 1373 trailers, and 1511 straight trucks.
Ace has over 90 locations in 9 different states. (Those nine states are: Louisiana; Texas, Mississippi;
North Carolina; South Carolina; Tennessee; Wyoming; Georgia; and Florida).
Almost 1900 drivers work for Ace Transportation, and the company has a total of workforce of 2200."
[courtesy of: bubbajunk.com "the place to find truck driving jobs"]
BE ON GUARD
applying technology solutions to meet the business continuity and recovery needs.
Preparedness and protection for your business.
Spamlion - tools to help separate the wheat from
- Internet commerce requires protection against harmful computer viruses. The Symantec AntiVirus Research Center's Online Encyclopedia offers the most up-to-date information on recent threats.
- Includes a comprehensive description of older threats.
Search the SARC Online Encyclopedia by Virus or Hoax name.
Read a compilation of internet email scam letters collected by an aficionado of the "genre".
US Dept. of Justice
Guard against consumer fraud.
Learn more about "Nigerian e-mail scam" or "419 scam"
(a reference to Nigerian penal code against fraud)
also known as "advance fee fraud".
- COSTHA web-based training
Occupational safety, health, environmental and emergency preparation.
- Developed by- The conference on
safe transportation of hazardous materials.
CPSC Home Page - Consumer Safety
- Business information: Laws & Information for Manufacturers, Importers,
Distributors & Retailers
- Safety First
safety reference guide
security related issues.
NYPD keeping watch along the East River, NYC.
Ready to ship?
PROPERTY AUCTIONS, CLASSIC CARS
- Anything and everything, up for grabs.
- Find your dream Classic Car
- based in Benton, Kansas.
Sefco can export
your purchase to practically anywhere in the world.
- For vehicle dealers, traders, collectors, importers, exporters.
US Customs auctions
- Search the web for the latest details.
US Treasury Department Seized Property Auctions
- Provides upcoming auction information, buyer tips, auction locations, and a subscription service program.
US CUSTOMS TARIFFS, FORMS, HARMONIZED CODES and EX-IM GUIDES
US Customs Service
- Importing and Exporting
The US Harmonized Code Schedule
- In PDF format, 3972 pages. Commercial importers can find US import duty/tariffs by looking up the harmonized code number of the commodity. Exporters can
look up the "schedule B" number for your SED Shippers Export Declaration.
Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
- United States International Trade Commission
- Plant Protection and Quarantine
- Wood Packaging Materials - USDA guide
- U.S. Customs searchable document database
- Enter your keyword here for immediate results.
US Customs Import Regulations(cars)
- Planning to import your car to the USA? Read this first!
Know before you go.
Forms: international business and shipping revolves around them
- UNZ export forms - commercial packing lists, SED
shippers export declaration, much more.
- US Census Bureau:
Correct way to fill out the SED
- Shippers Export Declaration;
download form 7525-V
Required for all US export shipments valued at over US $2500.
- Reduce exporting stress with AES.
E-file your exdec.
Buy an ocean shipping container through Sefco
- Purchasing agents and logistics management.
Rates and further information are available by
Foreign Exchange rates
- OANDA currency converter
- Universal Currency Converter
- For-Ex rates
- Currency Converter
- Euro conversion rates
- European Central Bank
OUR BUSINESS REFERRAL LIST - CURRENTLY FEATURING THESE US-BASED BUSINESSES
- National flags from around the world
- Includes specialty flags and made to order lots.
special feature > US flag etiquette > get a free flag
- Languages, linguistics, translation and interpretation
- Peruse our "Expat Connections" to access our featured service providers.
- Westchester County, New York Real Estate - licensed RE agent referral
- contact: Shu Pei, sales representative
- New York, NY Photographer - commercial artist referral
- Entertainment Global, contact:
Julia Mold - corporate event photographer
Tel: 917-692-5403 [email]
Hartzstone - Marble, Stone, Tile & Concrete.
Restoraton & Cleaning. Servicing the following areas:
Fairfield County, CT, Westchester County, NY, Manhattan, The Hamptons,
Northern New Jersey, Bermuda, U.S. Virgin Islands and other parts of the Caribbean.
HARTZSTONE LLC, P.O. BOX 631, BEDFORD NY 10506
Tel 203.426.0885 - Fax 203.426.3808
Stone "is". It is incompressible, incorruptible and resists time.
- Rotary International
- A global network of community volunteers.
Purchasing Agency Services
- Sefco's fee schedule for general purchasing services
Please note: currently, only available for company accounts.
Sefco's general inquiry form
- Moving overseas? Need to ship your property abroad?
Fill in your basic information if you have a new inquiry, or call us for a brief chat.
Sefco Export sales: 914-293-7109, admin: 718-268-6233
- The World Bank Group
- Their projects generate purchases of goods and services, which becomes export opportunities for suppliers in member countries including the United States.
The U.S. Commercial Service is a global network of 1,700 trade professionals helping you to reach your international business goals. Access their website here.
SMALL PARCEL SERVICES
US Postal Service
- No lines. no waiting, open 24 / 7.
IRC-international rate calculator and
global business-related links.
Look up city/state
ZIP CODE associations. Get a postal service rate to send a large package.
- Fedex Ground service
- Rate calculator
Good for shipping small packages up to 150-lbs max, USA-domestic only.
- UPS - United Parcel Service
- Some restrictions apply.
- Do you need to ship more than just a single package?
Sefco Export can help you ship larger sized "LCL" consignments.
- Step one: Make a list, including the 3 dimensions of each item (Height x width x depth). Send this information to our main office via email or fax.
We'll reply asap. Find out more about LCL-less than container load shipments.
BOOKS, ARTICLES AND ANALYSIS, BUSINESS, TRADE & TRANSPORT ISSUES
Black Enterprise Titans
- CEO's who redefined and conquered American business. Innovation and entrepreneurial leadership examined, creating wealth for future generations.
"Furthering Individual & Community Integrity"
How to promote virtue in the workplace
- Offers practical suggestions for organizations wishing to become more proactive in promoting integrity and establishing high expectations for ethical decision-making in the workplace.
- Featured Book: Profit with Honor: The New Stage of Market Capitalism
- By Daniel Yankelovich, Yale University Press
Capture the Flag
- A valuable review of "how to make money" in the business of exporting.
- AICGS-American Institute for Contemporary German Studies
German American on-line economic resources
FACC - French American Chamber of Commerce Chapters in the US
- Bridging the Atlantic
Czech it out!
- Participants in our "Best of" program
Need help with your search?
Sefco's search engine helper.
Peruse our business referrals list: Including NY, NY corporate event photography |
Find outside links, suggestions and useful contacts through our website.
Point and click to find Answers to your Questions